SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkhill_gw

Looking for objective opinion

pinkhill
14 years ago

I have a nineteen year old DD. She's been threw a lot. I have been married three times. Her dad is a kind man but gave custody up to second hubby. Second hubby was major mistake. Emotionally abusive and down right cruel. Only married third a few months ago when she was moved out. She adores him and he is a very good man.

Here's my questions. What do you suggest regarding:

She was with me at Gmom's hospital stay and began trashing me verbally to gmom. She kicked my husband hard enuf to bruise and scab up his shin and she frogged my shoulder. She then screamed at my Hub for his driving skills until I had to literally yell at her to sit down and shut her mouth because she was stressing Hub out while driving in traffic. She then got to our house and began griping how she never had a real family and how I couldnt keep a marriage to my Hub.

OK. I get some of the psychology. She's jealous of current happy family that she never had. I'm sorry I couldn't give that to her when she was younger. She feels jipped.

She is immature and acting out over stress of gmom dying.

Hub has asked that she not go with us anymore and her visits be limited etc. I respect what he is asking. I told daughter about her hitting and asked her to apologise. Still waiting for that. She hasnt come around but she is on facebook alot saying she misses me and wants to come over. I avoid, but honestly when she's in the home my other two children and hub and I feel threatened. Waiting for her to throw a fit.

She has a very nasty temper and I want her to be happy but I cant carry guilt for doing the best I knew how for ever. I didnt make the best choices but I always tried to do my best and be good to her.

Calling cops for violence wouldnt do anything but destroy her. She has always been ruff but never like this. I am the only parent she has had and I know she feels very possessive. I know I have made big mistakes.

I just needed some useful advice on what to do now. What might help her to grow up and help us keep our sanity and keep our relationship. I love her. She's a good kid. Never into drugs alcohol sex. Graduated well. Providing herself with a decent life.

Feeling like crap.

Comments (15)

Sponsored