SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leah810

teen son arrested, needs motivation

leah810
13 years ago

My son is 16, has up until yesterday been a good kid. He and some friends were arrested and released to parents for smoking pot. I was shocked. Yes, I am a stay at home mom so he doesn't have alot of time alone in the house. He never loved sports/will not get involved with school activities although he is an A/B student (but is capable of being straight A just not motivated). My husband and I have truely encouraged him all of his life to become involved in activities knowing it would keep him busy as a teen. He started to hang with a new group of boys this year at school and bang, trouble. I am so distraught, never thinking this would happen. We have taken his cell phone/computer and he is punished for 2 months, no dances home after school etc. Is there any way to motivate him to do positive things and hang with positive people with good values?? I need some advice from those of you who have experienced this. As I said, he has always been a respectful, kind young man. I cannot get over the grief of seeing him handcuffed and need to get him on the right path. Please advise...thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm