SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gincourt_gw

Estranged Teen Daughter involved in drugs

gincourt
16 years ago

My daughter is turning 18 on Valentines day. We became estranged last June, 2007. She became heavily involved in cocaine and marijuana. It was recommended by her school drug counselor that I admit her into rehab, I asked her father ( my ex) to basically babysit her until an opening for rehab came up, he agreed to help, ( background info) My ex had not worked in 9 months when this happened,( he was fired from a management position at Federal Express for discrimination) I have always been a stay at home mom, but had recently started to work. and since he wasnt working that is why I asked him to babysit her. He was $10,000.00 in child support arrears before he lost his job. Anyway, she moved in with him for a week, An opening came up in rehab he took her to meet with the rehab center and they both lied about her drug use and then refused to send her back home or to rehab, I have sole custody but the police said being that she was 17 they would not go and get her because she would probably just run away, she wont come home because she is afriad I will put her in rehab. I have 2 other children one in college and the other is 10. I know that I am a good mother and I have always put all of my children first. Well within 2 weeks of my daughter living with her Dad , he filed for child support from me, when I answered all court documents he quickly stopped all proceddings. I guess his lawyer knew he had no chance. But now 8 months later, she is still living with him, I have limited contact with her by cell phone, she refuses to come see me until she is 18, but what makes me the sickest to my stomach is not knowing if she is still doing drugs. The reason she wanted to stay with her Dad, he is very lenient, he even let her go out of state for a week with her boyfriend who does drugs and is 21 years old. What kind of father sends his 17 year old daughter on a trip with a man, alone with no chaperones. My hands are tied, I feel like there is nothing for me to do, yet I constantly worry about my baby girl, thinking the worst and praying for the best. Always wondering if she will come back to me or if I have lost her forever.

Comment (1)

Sponsored