SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
motherof4ss

Adult daughter leaves home

Motherof4ss
11 years ago

I'm a young mother of 4 young adults. The younger two 18 and 19 have always lived with their father. My oldest son died at 15 in 2003. So it has pretty much has been me and my now 22 year old daughter. I have been with the same man for about 17 years he has accepted my children and treat them like his own ( he doesn't have any children). I do have a relationship with all my children, but me and my oldest daughter are very close, until recently. She has moved out of the house with friends of her family. I have noticed a dramatic change in her, I feel that she is being used by the so called friends and their family. When I bring this to her attention she gets angry.she states the reason she left home is because my husband and I do not treat her like an adult we have talked about changing and understand what she wants from us, but we also feel like if you want to be treated like an adult act like one. We take her to and from work 5 days a week. We make sure she has food to eat and clean clothes. During the drive to and from work she doesn't talk to us. On the weekend end she is off we receive no calls or text, only if she needs us to take her somewhere or if she needs something. My question what could I do about this grown child.

Comments (5)

Sponsored