Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to chose children bedding

Posted by harmon_2008 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 1, 09 at 23:42

Hi I have two sons of about 4 and 5 years and i want to choose a proper bedding for them. I think a proper bedding can make them sleep healthy. Which effects their all day schedule. I am also anxious about safety precautions. I will be great full if you could give me any suggestion on where to find good Children bedding online.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to chose children bedding

Bergstroms I believe has organic bedding if that is the direction that you are heading in.
Also look into the mattress you purchase. That might have more of an effect on a good nights rest than the linen.
When my son was 10 he complained for weeks about his mattress, blaming his grumpiness and sleepiness on how uncomfortable it was. As the mattress was new I wanted to 'prove him wrong' and slept on it one night. What had seemed like a properly firm mattress in the store for a young child was actually the most God-awfuls night sleep I had ever had!

o

I had a similar mattress problem before as well. We had bought our boys bunk beds and my older son was complaining that he ached when he woke up. I thought well the bed is new...can't be the bed! Well somehow there was a lump in the board that the mattress sat on. We ended up taking the board out and putting a boxspring on his bed since he had the bottom bunk. No more aches.

Also since both our boys have asthma and allergies we put air purifiers in their rooms. Just stand up ones from Home Depot that were not too expensive and have filters that you can clean instead of replace. I also have one in my room. My allergies have improved greatly and so have theirs since doing so. I have found those things impacted them more than their bedding.

o

i never gave a thought to my sons bedding except to keep it clean. i made sure they had good mattresses when we could afford it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here