SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roscoes_gw

Disrespectful Teenager

roscoes
15 years ago

I am a divorced (4 yrs.)and live together with my boyfriend who is also divorced. My son and I have a strained relationship. My son only visits me on Wednesday's after school and usually every Sunday for part of the day.This is never enough time for me and I always invite him for more time and let him know this too to no avail. Also when he visits he spends too much time on his cell phone or my house phone talking to his girlfriend and I indicated my disapproval and asked him to limit his time on the phones. My son has repetitively called at the last minute to run him around. I told him I didn't like his lack of planning and expected more notice otherwise I wouldn't take him or pick him up. Last week he called again and actually said mom in about 1-1/2 hrs can you pick me up at my girlfriends and take me home. I said I will come get you now but no to the 1-1/2 hr wait. He quickly indicated his Dad, grandparents, Dad's girlfriend all always take and pick him up. So he said he would call his Dad who does everything. I felt sad but had to draw the line somewhere. I discussed this with his father of whom indicated this is a 15 year old and did I plan when I was 15? His father also indicated he runs him all around and this problem was between my son and I. The final hurt was after discussion with my son and setting definite rules regarding mom's taxi service he hasn't visited Sunday or Wednesday. I called Sunday to ask if he was coming over and he indicated no, Dad was cooking. My heart was aching but I am trying to teach my son courtesy and respect. He didn't call or come to my house on Wednesday so I called him and asked what he was up to and he indicated he was at his Dad's girlfriend's house eating. I said okay see you bye. I immediately broke into tears because this is how he treats his mom? I love my son but want him to give me courtesy and respect. What to do?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource