SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coolmama_gw

Dysfunctional sister ~very long post,sorry

coolmama
17 years ago

This is a new post about my sister.She has to be the most self absorbed person I have ever known.

Two years ago,she decided to seperate from her husband.I tried hard to be there for her,because I knew it was going to be a difficult situation.

I started off watching her 6 year old son one or two nights a week at her place so she could go to work at night (as an ALL NUDE STRIPPER,dont get me started)

Then it escalated into me having her son every other weekend,ALL weekend long.

By summer,I was having him from Saturday until Friday,and his dad would have him Friday to Sunday.

My sister was spending no time at all with her son,and I was getting worn down having him all the time.It was summer vacation,my husband and daughter and I would have liked to do some things just us.My husband and I literally didnt have one weekend just me and him all summer.So,of course we started getting pissy with each other.

Finally,my sister calls me and wants to know if I can take her son earlier on this one day because she said she was going into work early.

I KNEW her work did NOT open that early (it's a strip club,they dont open til 5pm) So I called to see what their hours were and I was correct.

I asked why she felt the need to lie to me,and she said that I'm just the baby-sitter and I need to keep my mouth shut about what she is doing.That it is none of my business what she is doing.

This of course sets off a huge fight between us. We went a few months without talking,and then my sister started taking advantage of our mom the same way she did with me in regards to the baby-sitting.

Meanwhile,my sister and soon to be ex husband sell their house and she gets 30,000 dollars (he gets the same,they split the money)

She spends it all in a matter of months on breast implants and getting her "vagina sewed"

Then she complains she has no money and is getting evicted from her place...and once again,is trying to pawn her son off on me.

Might I add at this point she no longer even cares about me as a friend.never asks how I'm doing.Never wants to hang out with me.Only wants to know when she can dump her kid on me.

As of January she moves in with this guy she has been dating 6 months because she had nowhere else to go.

My daughter's birthday was last week and she didnt even call to wish her a happy birthday,just wanted to know if I could watch her son.

I said no,that I'm really done with doing her all these favors.That I have a life of my own.So now she is mad at me and not talking to me.

I also need to add that she is totally disrespectful of my things.Borrows dvds,books,games,clothes and NEVER returns them or if she does they are broken.

My husband has completely had it with her. I have too,but she ALWAYS makes me feel like I'm a bad person if I'm not helping her.

Our mom is also tired of her lies and being used.We both feel for her son who has told us many times he wants to live with his dad and not her.

I feel I just cant take anymore when it comes to her.When she isnt in my life,it is so much more peaceful.

Is it wrong to estrange myself from her? I feel like I dont even know her anymore.I used to think she would "grow out of" her behavior,but she has been like this since she was 13...always lying and manipulating others to her advantage.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
WINN Design+Build
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Design-Build Firm | 10x Best of Houzz Winner