SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendysmith_gw

follow up-am I too strict with my daughter

wendysmith
22 years ago

I wanted to thank everyone for their support and good advice. I really appreciated feeling like I was doing the right thing. Thought I would update on DD reaction! She told me all about how she needed the money and would be ok babysitting that late. I said sorry, but it is too late. She didn't say anything else and I wasn't sure if she was mad. Turns out she was relieved. She said later that it would have been too long for her and she wouldn't have wanted to fall asleep because how can you do a good job when you are asleep. Ok, that went over better than expected. Next, no she couldn't go with her friends family up to the mountains (bad weather and ice on top of partying drivers)on New years Eve, coming back sometime before midnight. Her friend informed her that I had her on a tight lead and wouldn't let her do anything! Great, huh!! Several days later she is watching TV with DH and I and she say's that her friends Mom can't be very responsible to go to the mountains in bad weather on New Years Eve (my thoughts exactly). I knew she had good judgement but this was a surprise. Thanks again for the help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville