SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sugarland_girl

Update!!

sugarland-girl
16 years ago

So since we've gone and talked to a lawyer, my husband has begun to work out of state. He'll be there until March. Not good!! His son's mother has become very uncoopertive with the child custody thing and doesn't want me or my husband to see his son. She now wants back child support. (He payed her support since their son was born but it wasn't through an agency like it is now. He payed her money and she wrote him a receipt. So that is cosidered in legal terms as a "gift"!) Not good either!! She has now begun to blame me for him wanting custodial rights. Which is some what true. I have definetly done my part to encourage him to go after rights. But she thinks that I manipulate him to do so. Which is far from the truth. She says that the only thing that I need to worry about in reguards to their son, is that she's doesn't say bad things about me infront of him. I disagree. I think that I should be concerned that she is able to do what ever she wants with him without my husbands consent too and treat my husband as she wants too. I agree that I do not have any right to say what I think is in their son's best interest. But what effects my husband unfortunatley effects me as well!! I've been worried about my husband for a long time. Worried that one day something like this would happen. He had always wanted to see the best in her and beleive she would never become bewteen him and his son. I've always seen the potenial there. Oh how things can change in an instant!! My husband is a little upset with me for wanting him to go after his rights, now that she won't let him see their son. But this only makes her look bad to the lawyers and the judge and confirms to me why he NEEDS to have parental rights, so she CAN'T do this again once there is something estabished!! This has become a TOTAL MESS!! I just keep hoping that she will calm down and be adult about this. I don't understand why she's reacting like this. Nobody's calling child services saying she's unfit or anything. Her son's father just wants to protect himself with rights to ensure that his son's best intrests will be served!!! What's wrong with that?!! Why is she making this out to be such a big deal? I just don't understand!! Why all the harsh feelings? It all seems to be unnecessary!! Does anyone have any insight as to what may be really going on? Could it just be a reaction to unwillingly losing all control over her son and my husband? Sometimes I feel horrible that my husband is having to go through this, even worst his son, and almost feel wrongful to encourage him to stop talking about getting rights and DO IT. I've got to believe that the end result will be worth it!! Hopefully this bitterness and resentment won't become a permanent charactor in my husband's relationship with his son's mother.

Comments (3)

Sponsored