SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Daughter - ADHD at home - Angel at school

christie_sw_mo
22 years ago

My 10 year old daughter has consistently shown every symptom in the book (clearly) of ADHD since she was very little but only at home. She never gets in trouble at school but she does have trouble making friends. She struggles a little with her grades and was diagnosed with a learning disability in math last year in third grade. She seems to have some problems with visual perception. The school counselor suggested that her behavior at home would likely improve now that her disability has been discovered. She started her special math class at the beginning of fourth grade this year and has a B average but I'm not seeing any big changes yet in behavior. She's on an emotional roller coaster most of the time (at home) and I worry about her being unhappy. Do you think it's possible she could still have ADHD even though her teachers don't think so? I'm afraid her teen years are going to be very rough for both of us if something doesn't change. She worries a lot, she's jumpy, impulsive, short tempered, belligerent, and has trouble resisting any temptation. She gets frustrated and angry at herself and cries. I keep thinking she'll outgrow it but that's just not happening. I could use some more information on the emotional aspects of ADHD and would also like to find some information on vitamin therapy (not herbs) to help her get through this.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County