SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanied_gw

Scarlet Fever

StephanieD
22 years ago

I am so mad I have to vent (& I hope to get some advice of course). On Sat my 6 y/o daughter began throwing up and had a fever. I thought she had a stomach virus so I treated her with Pedialite and lite food & tylenol. When she woke up on Sunday she felt much better but a rash all over her and a very slight fever. I called the Dr office & the Dr on call called me back. I told him everything hoping to bring her in, but he told me that a stomach virus was going around and rashes w/colds, etc. is very common. Just be thankful she wasn't throwing up anymore and was acting fine. Well this a.m. she still had her rash so my husband took her in to the Drs office anyway. He saw a different dr. not the one who was on call on the weekend. This dr. said we waited too long to bring her in and now the virus was in her bloodstream and made my husband feel extremely guilty about waiting until today. I am very worried about my daughter now and upset that they didn't see her on Sunday. Any advice will be appreciated in caring for her with Scarlet Fever and if I should complain to the Drs. Office.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz