SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
longabruken

19 yr old daughter overdramatic

longabruken
15 years ago

I am looking for ways to deal w/ my daughter. She is 19 and everyday situations cause her to react hystarically. Yesterday for example, she is out with her friends and when she gets baack to her car, the locks on her car are frozen. I bought her lock de-icer but she forgot it. She calls me up ranting and raving about her situation. For the first time, I told her to figure it out. She was in a safe location and friends with her so she was ok. I told her I was not coming out. She is now angry with me. This is just an example of the way she deals w/ situations. She crys and screams and acts like the whole world is out to get her. Everyday interactions become major drama scenes.She is a good kid, goes to college, good grades, etc...I just want her to start acting more mature and adult like and I am at a loss how to get her to get that way. I did not like saying no to her, but I do not know how else to get to deal with situations rationally. I believe she has to learn to deal w/ things like an adult. I feel guilty with my reaction but I think it is for the best. If there is any better ways to get her from being so dramactic, I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County