SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarawafer

Questions Stay-at-home-moms (SAHMS) (Long)

TaraWafer
22 years ago

Okay... DD is 2 1/2 years old. I have her enrolled in a Mommy and Me gymnastics class (which she loves). And we will probably start trying MOPS. We haven't been going to church (we've been struggling), but are trying to start going again.

I don't have DD in any kind of daycare. I have looked into it. We could afford for her to go for 2 full days a week. That is pushing it, but we could do it. And then we couldn't do anything else (like MOPS or the gymnastics class).

I am taking college courses online (from our junior college here). SO I could really use DD not being home 2 days a week to get more work done. But I can just wait until DH comes or or DD goes to bed to do a lot of it.

What I am worried about is that I am not giving DD enough time, socially, with other kids. I also worry that she's not getting all the schooling daycare kids are getting.

Does it sound like I am doing enough? Too much? What do all you other SAHM's do? Is it just you and your child all day? Do you do MOPS or MOMS or some other group?? Should I even be worrying about this?

DD is somewhat ahead verbally for her age. And she can count some and knows most of her colors...etc, etc, etc. So I really don't know if I need to be worrying about her not being in a preschool environment. It just seems that most kids are nowadays....

So, PLEASE, any advice or stories would be appreciated! I would love to know people whose kids have turned out okay by being home alone with mom so much.... I was like that as a kid (but my little brother was around once I turned 2) and I turned out okay.... at least I think so...

Anyway, thank you for reading this far. And thanks in advacne for any responses. (And I hope no one minds me writing this on the Parents of Toddlers forum too).

-Tara W

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County