| OK folks, I need some ideas here.......
I found a scroll that is about 15" wide and about 2 1/2 feet long. OK, now visualize this:
The two ends are one foot long pieces x 15" wide pieces of grasscloth, with the end of each piece of grasscloth wrapped around a piece of wood. In the middle of the two pieces of grasscloth is a piece of black fabric with a quote stenciled on it. That piece of black fabric is sewn (top and bottom ) onto the grasscloth, making the whole scroll.
OK, what I want to do is REPLACE the black fabric with my own calligraphed quote.
I get it that how I could easily replace the fabric with any other fabric--just remove the black fabric and sew in the new. But if I calligraph on paper, how do I insert that??
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here