Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas Card 2002 #2

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 17, 02 at 22:36

I needed 3 more cards so tried this out since I ran out of the maroon mulberry.
I wasn't as happy with this. On the other card the lines of the stamping were very fine but this stamp, also by Stampin' Up, has a little fatter line. The mulberry really absorbed the embossing fluid on these. I thought it needed a little jazzing up so I dabbed the tree with my glue stick and then sprinkled on Fabric Arts Fine Gold Crystal Glitter. It is strange how the photo came out . The greens actually match each other but look brownish on the print.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Card 2002 #2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas Card 2002 #2

The glitter is a nice touch. I felt the same way about a similar tree stamp on one of my holiday cards...too bland. Used some gree glitter and it perked it right up. Of course I always think you can't have enough sparkle ;-)! I used a lot of the glitter fabric paints and they worked great, as long as you don't put them on water-soluble dye ink, which cause the imprint to start bleeding.

o

I really like it! I've got to learn to do stamping!

o

I like the glitter very much! I'm always kind of lazy about using it myself. I guess because I'm so messy. Last time I cleaned out my mouse, I even found a bit of glitter in it! LOL!
Oh, I've had that happen with colors in a scan, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here