Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone interested?

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 27, 04 at 21:21

I was thinking that this forum seems to be slowly moving to outer space. Spike was nice enough to start it for us last year (I think it was). Maybe some would be interested in a Valentine's Day Card exchange. We wouldn't really have to mail them to each other if we decided against it but at least post them to the Forum, say the week before Valentine's Day. It might spur us on to get really creative. I find my juices seem to flow when others are doing the same type of thing !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone interested?

Great idea - I'd love to do that. Sending or posting - either way. ~ Lorraine

o

Add me in! I'm game to do it. I spend far too much time over at the Kitchen Table and really should post more on the other forums.

o

Great, well after the first of the year let's get started on them anyway we choose.
BTW I have a lot of those little brass stencils. Would anyone like any? no charge. I just want them to have a good home. Almost all are unopened. Is there any in particular you are looking for?

o

I would love to do this!! Had to drop out of the KT Christmas card exchange due to health problems - didn't want to promise to participate and then not be able to follow through. But with a month and a half before Valentine's Day... gosh, I'd better be able to make some cards in that length of time!!

Minnie... are any of your brass stencils borders? Email me though my THS page if so! (redconfetti@mindspring.com)

o

I'm going to try and take photos of them tonight. The stencils are for cards remember (I mean that size)

o

I posted 4 pages of the stencils in the gallery. They are all brass except for the plastic letters.

I'll check back tomorrow to see who wants what. If more than one wants the same thing I'll go by the time on the post. I guess that would be fair enough. Do you think so??
I think there are around 29 in all. I'm not sure if I have any more or not of this type. I try and keep them in the same drawer.

o

Minnie... if they haven't been claimed yet, I could use the oak leaf/acorn border and/or the coffee cup. Let me know and I'll e-mail you my address. How very thoughtful of you to be so sharing!
~ Lorraine

o

Lorraine if you were on the KT Christmas list I have it let me know. I'll reserve those for you.

o

Gee, these are my favorite choices if no one else has spoken for them...
Picture Stencils 3: the floral spray (tulips?)
Picture Stencils 2: holly corner, tree trio, poinsettia

I can't believe you don't need these any longer, Minnie!!

o

Minnie, that is so sweet of you to share your stencils! I would love to have the bugs, heart and letters on the Stencil 1 page if no one has already ask for them.

Thanks!!!

o

I'll try and get them out next week gals.
Keep checking back 'cause I don't really want any left.

o
RE: Anyone interested??

well, you are not going to believe this. I just spilled a glass of Pepsi Holiday drink all over my desk. fortunately almost all the stencils are still in their plastic wrappers and I caught the stuff before it got to my keyboard. I have a blotter on the desk so it got most of it. So if the stencil packages smell a little cherryish you'll know why!!!

o

Cherry is good - you've made something special - scented stencils! Sorry, I'm not on the KT list so please e-mail me and I'll get you my address. Thanks again ~ Lorraine

o

It looks like I'm going to have a lot of leftover stencils. Come on Gals, dont be shy, let me know of some more you'd like I've only had 3 takers so far.

o

Minnie, I feel like a pig but I would love any brass stencils that you have left over. I'd be glad to reimburse you for postage etc. I've been teaching scrapbooking to teenagers at a scrapbooking store and now the Family Services of our city has asked for a teacher from our scrapbooking store to help their kids out as well.

o

ok Heather, I'll get some in an envelope for you. I'll probably mail out tomorrow or Tuesday so there is still an opportunity for some to ask for a few more.
Congratulations on teaching!!

o

Minnie, You don't have an email address to send you my snail mail address. Can you please email me.....you will find my email on "My page".

Thanks

o

OK, Lorraine, Red, Heather and Mary Ann the little packages go out tomorrow. They will be in a bubble wrap and hope they get there ok. Just post when you get it so I'll know. I hope you enjoy and they arrive in good shape and that I've found good homes for them......now let me see. . . . what's in THAT other box over there. . . mmmm. . .

o

Thanks Minnie, the package arrived safe and sound in NJ with more than expected. Gonna get started on some new projects!
~ Lorraine

o

Great Lorraine I'm glad nothing was "bent"!!

o

Woo-Hoo!! My package arrived today, everything in apple-pie order. Guess those postmen took heed of the "Do not bend" warning. Am I in hog heaven... because I love the stencils you sent, Minnie... and I feel like a hog because you sent waaay more than I begged for. Thank you SO much! Now if I could just get rid of this "frozen shoulder" (right arm, of course) so I could get back to crafting!

o

Glad they arrived safe and sound and didn't know about your shoulder. Get well soon and enjoy. Thanks for letting me know!!

o

What a wonderful surprise!!! I spent several days in Orlando, visiting my sister. I came home yesterday to a big stack of mail and had forgotten about the stencils. I opened your envelope first, Minnie, because I couldn't imagine what was in it. (I have a very short memory, LOL) I was so excited when I saw what was in the envelope! I love them all, expecially the dragon fly and lady bug! Thank you so much!!! And everything was in perfect condition.

o

I'm so glad MaryAnn. A surprise is always nice.Happy they made it ok.

o

For those lucky folks who have been blessed with Minnie's brass stencils and want to use them for dry embossing, here's an idea... you don't need a fancy, expensive light table - you can make your own with
* a sheet of glass or Plexiglas
* a light source
* a couple spacers

A pane of window glass works great. Just tape around the edges so you don't get cut. Or a piece of Plexiglas.

A little high-intensity light is fine. Or get a cheap "stick fluorescent" light - the kind you usually put underneath kitchen counters. Or even a flashlight in a pinch.

Use a couple bricks to support the glass so that the light will fit under the glass. Or a stack of books at each side. Or a couple chunks of 2x4 wood - just look around your house... maybe in the kids' toybox! Something will work.

Use low-tack tape to hold the stencil and paper in place on the glass. Put the glass on the two supports, then slide the light underneath and turn it on. Bingo! You've got a light table!

o

Great idea Red, now why didn't I think of that lol

o

Hi Minnie,

What beautiful stencils!
I have a few and love working with them.
thanks for sharing the pic with us - I love the
snowman ones!
We don't have a consistant local source for them but
once in a while I luck upon a couple.
I recently bought a buffalo one (School mascot) and
have began the base work on name tags for our 40th
(YIKES) reunion!

Take care - Jude!

o

Sorry Jude, They are all gone now. I wish you had seen them earlier. I'm waiting to hear from Heather in Canada to see if she got hers ok.

I'll be cleaning out a box of other stuff pretty soon.

o

Jude, are you going to be able to stay on the Home Forum a little while longer? I thought you were leaving. I hope it has changed.

o

Hi Minnie,
Thanks I did receive my brass stencils and love them. Mail to Canada is much slower. The little extras that you sent will be used to advantage too. I've been asked to teach scrapbooking to children that are involved with the Children's Aid so I will have to come up with some neat ideas.

o

Thanks for letting me know Heather. I did hear that mail takes along time up there. Good luck on your scrapbooking class.

o

Hey, what happened to the Valentine Day card Swap. I would like to participate it there is going to be one.

Aunt Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here