|This is my 3rd year to design my Christmas card. I live in the small town in Texas where I was born and raised. Most of my cards go to old friends and family from here, so I try to do something with "our town" as the theme.
This year I took a picture of main street. Our only pharmacy is on the right and our only bank on the left. The old water tower is centered. We do have a new water tower, but this one has been here as long as I can remember. It was always the first thing we saw when we were coming home.
Jammer and I love to ride motorcycles, so I incorporated a bike into the card. And of course santa had to be in town too! LOL
On the inside I printed a Christmas poem.
And on the back I added the bike again.
I printed front and back on glossy photo paper so that the colors are very vivid. The inside I printed on green paper and attached to the inside of the card.
I managed to print 9 or 10 and get them in the mail. then last night when I started to print some more....my printer died. So now, here I am ready to print and mail my cards, and don't want to blow the money for a new printer right before Christmas! I guess I will have to buy myself a printer for an early Christmas present.
|I love it, talk about talent!! |
that Santa and sleigh over the water tower is a nice idea too.
|Mary Ann, that is sooooo cool!! And your town looks so much like mine. I grew up not far from here, and my grandfather had among all his photos and stuff an old postcard of this town in the 30s or 40s. It's amazing, it has hardly changed at all. I say it's a town that time forgot. |
You did a GREAT job with the graphics. I know that will become a keepsake to be handed down among your family and friends. Also love your poem; did you write it?
And ...ummm... would you do my cards next year??? ;-)
|Thanks Minnie and Lia. |
I do hope that my friends and family enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy doing them. Here are the other cards that I've made. As you can see, I like water towers! LOL
2001 - the snow is wishful thinking!
I'm already thinking about next year's card. Our town is so small that I'm really limited to themes. I'm thinking about using a picture of the church. It's been there since I was an infant and the steeple is visible from all over town. I don't think I'll have Santa driving his sleigh over the steeple, though! LOL Maybe an angel would be more apprppriate.
Lia, I'd love to help you with your card next year! But no printing!!! Oh BTW...I've ordered a new printer and computer. should be here next week!
|very inspiring...I think I'll be making some great valentine's day card from these ideas! Thanks for sharing|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.