|Found this idea and had fun playing with it yesterday. Uses the round tags with aluminum edges. I only had the small ones, which is pretty challenging, but a good use for tiny images from magazines, calendars, even tiny stamps although I haven't done any stamping for this.
I tried making some larger ones myself, using foil tape around the edges, but I wasn't really happy with the results. Here are the ones I've done:
My Collage Tokens
I thought I might coat with Liquid Laminate and add some tiny rhinestones IF I actually use them! LOL!
The project I found that inspired me has a neat way to present them as gifts --tokens of Love, Thanks, Friendship, etc.
|Now that is odd... |
First the Name of the Link wouldn't stick, now the whole thing is gone!
I'll try it here:
Heartfelt Tokens instructions
|Hmmmm..I see your first link. Sometimes I cannot see any picture when I click to your album, then later one will appear. Those tokens are really charming! such pretty images. I've collaged small mail tags but never tried the little round tags. Thanks for the idea...I'll give it a try AFTER I finish my holiday crafts, lol! OK tell me to get off the 'puter and finish my holiday cards! |
|It was weird... the link to my tokens showed up. When I previewed the post, the url to the other one was there but not the Name of Link. So I retyped it and when I hit submit it wasn't there. :-/ |
I don't know what the deal is with my album. The ones on the site with instructions are much better anyway. But I concluded they must use a larger size than the ones I have. And darn it, those things aren't cheap!
I'm sure you're off the 'puter by now and probably finished with your holiday cards, so you can do mine too, huh? ;-)
|Hey I saw a cute variation on the metal edge tag in my wanderings...they ripped a hole in the center and curled the paper back, then used some acetate to make a little window filled with the hole-less beads. Sounds weird but it looked neat. Now I have to figure out where I saw them cause there were some other nice ideas, too. |
Have to check tomorrow, cause now it's time to put lights on the tree!
(ps - Lia, if you must see the infamous senior pic, then you'll have to go to the Kitchen Table gallery and look for it. I'm hoping that post drops off very soon, lol!)
|Yes, please let me know when you track that down Karen; sounds fascinating! Is it something like a shaker scene? |
We just got our tree straight! after being here for the 5th day! DH has been too busy to help me and I've been stalling on the decs. :-/ Now maybe if I had a little snow like I saw in your panoramic view, I could really get in the mood!!
Caught the senior pic BTW. Great hair! LOL! I remember those curling iron days! That was probably my main creative outlet back then! LOL!
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here