Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 2003 Christmas Card

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 12, 03 at 12:00

I finally got them done. I only had to make 17 this year.
It is a real wreath made from a miniature garland. I attached it to the card with a piece of wire. I covered the wire with scotch tape on the back to eliminate anyone scratching themselves when opening it.
The second view shows how the inside looks when opened and also the back of the card showing the taped wire. I also attached a Christmas tree ornament hook with a label that says.
IF YOU HANG THIS FROM YOUR TREE
"YULE" BE SURE TO THINK OF ME

Here is a link that might be useful: 2003 Christmas card view 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 2003 Christmas Card2

This is the back of the card and the inside

Here is a link that might be useful: Inside and back of card

o
RE: My 2003 Christmas Card

Minnie, it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

o

Wonderful job, Minnie! You are so creative!

How do you mail these decorative cards??

o

How do you mail these decorative cards??

I turned the card over in the envelope and made sure that the flatist part of the card was in the area where a stamp or tape would be placed. I've learned that if I ask for metered postage to be put on I don't run into any trouble at the post office. Some Post Offices don't mind hand stamping but Mine does So I get around it this way. They can't really refuse to put the metered postage on the envelope. I sent one to my son at my address and it was delivered Saturday in fine shape.

I'm happy you liked the card.

o

I love your card, Minnie!
I finally finished designing my 2003 card. I printed out several and mailed them yesterday. Last night I planned to print out a few more....but my printer started sounding really bad and now it won't do anything! Guess I'll have to buy a new printer if I plan to get any more cards out.

o

Mary Ann, can you post a photo of your card? I'd love to see it.

o
tonight

I'm at work right now, Minnie. I'll post my card tonight.
Thanks for asking!

o

Adorable, Minnie! I love dimensional cards, and I like the beads. But where do you find such tiny garland?

o

Glad to see you again Lia. The garland that I made into the wreaths was from my after Christmas sales last year. I can't remember where I got it but there were two styles, one that looked like tiny leaves and the other was more like a tree branch. I think I got 3 wreaths out of each one. I had a few strings of the beads from the beaded tree dept but ended up string the rest myself. I had to string them and then put glue on my finger and wipe it along the string to get the beads to stay in place where I wanted them to on the wreath.

My DS cut the circles in the cardstock using my old circle cutter. the newer Fiscar types just don't seem to work for me. Glad your liked it.

o

beautiful, beautiful card!

Maria

o

Thanks everyone. I think I'd better get started on this year's!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here