Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone done Embroidery on Paper?

Posted by playdirt (playdirt@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Dec 31, 05 at 0:43

I fell in love with this craft 3 years ago and hav e collected every pattern I find. It is really fun. Just do a Google and sites come up. Or email me and I can give you some sites. cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone done Embroidery on Paper?

I've been thinking about it. Like I really need something else to do and more supplies! Do you have a favorite site for basic instructions?

o

I do and here is one
http://www.cardinspirations-usa.com/demo/demo15.htm
it has seven free patterns. I started this craft to use up my threads from cross stitching--now I have a whole lot more threads/ enjoy. Kids have fun doing this for their friends also cathy

o

A friend's MIL embroidered gold rings on all the wedding invitations when her son and my friend got married. It looked beautiful.

Some paper embroidery patterns can be adapted to use for embroidering on CDs. (Obviously, you need to drill the holes, but the principle is the same).

o

Hi Cathy and other embroiderers -

I have tried embroidery on greeting cards a few times. The effect is stunning and certainly different from most other cards I make. But golly, did my fingers get sore poking all those holes!

What do you use to make the holes? (I was using a large needle.)

o

I did an angel in flight to fit into the oval space under glass of a wooden tray for my mother; of course, I have it now. Still love it. chery2

o

YES, I HAVE. I USED CARDSTOCK PAPER AND A STRONG NEEDLE.
I ALSO PUT STABALIZER ON THE BACK SIDE, THEN COVERED WITH
ANOTHER PIECE OF MATCHING PAPER, TRIMED WITH SOMETHING PRETTY....EDGING...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here