|Just wondering. I want to try some.|
|I've made some beautiful paper beads with pages from magazines. The shiney paper works well and the colors are just right, plenty to choose from. Cut the strips in narrow long triangles & wrap starting with the wide side wraping towards the narrow end. White glue on the end works fine. I usually use a tooth pick; gives you a nice sized hole to put your string or cording through.|
|Hi Gramof3, |
Thanks for the post, and I've been saving some of my old magazines for those great slick pages! So, what do you use to seal them with?
|Yes, I make beads from wallpaper, etc. Also, make collage jewelry from leftovers of crafting (feathers, beads, etc). |
I also make leaf pins from paper. Get in touch and I'll share my instructions and patterns.
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here