Return to the Paper Arts Forum
| Post a Follow-Up
Posted by AnnahE
Sun, Nov 21, 04 at 19:50
| I went to a rubber stamping convention on Sat. and a lady was doing iris folding only it ended up looking like a quilt. Usually iris folding is done in a swirl pattern, but hers ended up looking like a little quilt square. She was selling four patterns for $9. I was hoping to find some free ones on the internet. Does anyone know if there are any out there?
Thanks so much!
|I never heard of this method Annah. Please find out and tell us more|
|I looked through several paper-folding technique books and couldn't find anything like quilts... Do you remember her name? Maybe she has a website! |
Let us know if you can think of her name!
|maybe more like the tea-bag folding technique? |
or maybe it's just a variation on the iris folds, where you build 'in' and 'out' at the same time (the iris folds are all 'in' since you work from the frame towards the center)
I've seen something like it, but am not sure what it was called.
|I had an interesting book out of the library many months ago, titled "Paper Quilting," by Bridget Hoff. It is NOT paper-folding, but paper quilting. If anyone wants to borrow it from their library, the link below will give you an idea of what the book is about...|
Here is a link that might be useful: Paper Quilting: Creative Designs Using Paper & Thread
|Here is a site with a pattern for quilted star. It is a gorgeous card. A little tricky but well worth the effort. |
|ladybug41, I added a colon and a couple of slashes to your card site. Sure is a cute card. |
|I attended the same stamp convention on Saturday!!! I fell in love with the Iris Folded cards too, but didn't want to spend $9.00 for the pattern. I took some pix of some of the cards and I been playing around with designs of my own. The pattern is pretty much the same as a "Log Cabin" pattern used to create a fabric square for a real quilt---just way smaller. If I can't get mine to look as nice as the ones that I saw on Saturday, I may have to order the templates. The link to the company is: http://www.designsbydreamer.com/gallery/gallery1/index.html. |
|Do you have a pattern for a kimono and are there patterns for the paper folding quilt blocks? |
|Here is the site for the lady who sells the paper quilt patterns. I finally bought some and they are really nice. |
|When I went into the different sites, I could not find the quilted paper folding.|
Post a Follow-Up
Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.
If you are a member, please log in.
If you aren't yet a member, join now!
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.