|I made the card below for my mom. It is done in layers. The background is just a pale yellow cardstock, folded at top to be a notecard.
The robin and the foreground "dirt" I printed separately on cardstock from clipart and/or photos and cut out. The 'grass' is just green cardstock cut with scissors to resemble grass. The 'worm' is a piece of rubberband.
Behind the grass at the base of the robin's feet (you can just see it) I made and attached a paper 'brass brad with the two legs' thing. Then I punched a hole in the card and folded the 'legs' away from each other. Then the robin was moveable so he could tug on the worm. If you had some of the new metal eyelets on hand they would work even better than my improvised brad.
I printed the verse of the "When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-bob-bobbin' Along" song on the inside of the card.
Just thought this might give you some ideas on making moveable parts cards.
|Thanks for sharing the robin. A really cute card. I bet your mom loved it and apppreciated the time you spent making something so special for her. It would mean a lot to me if my daughter would do something like that. We won't see a robin around here again for about five months.|
|Red Confetti, I love this card. I am always looking for new ideas to make my Mother cards. She loves handmade cards better than the store bought ones. Thanks for sharing this idea. I hope you don't mind if I use your idea.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.