Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
technique name?

Posted by Duckie (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 30, 05 at 7:24

I once saw a paper craft I want to try. The finished project in this case was a snowflake. The paper had been folded upon itself, but not creased. Slits were cut into the paper and the paper was pulled through the slits. It is some sort of cross between quilling and origami. Any idea what the name of this type of paper craft is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: technique name?

Sounds interesting. I hope you find something on it.

o

Hey, Duck - good to see you again! I've been trying and trying to find something like you are talking about, but I just haven't. I can't even remember seeing anything like that - sounds very interesting!!

Can you tell us a bit more...
Is it just ONE piece of paper?
What is the shape of the beginning paper?
How big is the paper?
How big is the finished star?
What kind of paper is it... just regular printer paper, or something tougher (like Tyvek)...?

Did you see the star being made in person at a craft sale or demonstration, or in a book, or on the Internet, or somewhere else?

o

How about this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: 3D Paper Snowflakes

o

Or could this be it? LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Finnish Stars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here