Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi everyone. I'm back!!!

Posted by taunia1 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 13, 03 at 14:22

Dear sweet friends, I've been very very ill. I haven't touched a computer in months. I am out of the hospital & feeling much better. Yesterday I turned 47 & I did myself a favor... I QUIT SMOKING!!! It's been a month now. I know Lia will be excited; she's been trying to get me to quit for about a year & a half now. LOL. I am on the mend, so I will make this quick. I am so glad to be back. I have missed ya'll sooooo much. I have alot of catching up to do. Tell everyone on the other boards I'm back. I'm afraid right now I haven't the strength to do it right now. I have to take it easy so I can be well enough to do what I love most; CREATING FUN STUFF!!!! Love & Hugs to all, Taunia.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi everyone. I'm back!!!

Welcome back and glad that you are feeling better!!!

o

Thanks Lorraine. I'm feeling better each day.

o

Great news, Taunia! Quitting smoking is, according to my husband, the most difficult thing he's ever done. It took years for him to truly lose the craving, but you should hear him now... he's in ever-so-much-better physical health, can actually taste food, loves clean air, isn't tied to that little package that ruled his life... ha-ha... I'm sure you feel the same way. I'm proud of you for having the determination to DO IT!

Sure am glad you are doing better. We've missed you here, and there, and everywhere! Can't wait to see your new contributions to the forums.

o

Thanks Red. It's so strange, but if I've been somewhere that is smoke-free & then go home; let's say, to my closet, I almost gag! I can really smell the difference. After we moved recently, that's when I got sick & boxes are still packed. I have to do the unpacking now that I'm feeling a bit stronger. One thing I have to look for are those patches for my DH. He really wants to quit too! Wish me luck! Hugs, Taunia.

o

Hey Taunia!
I am so glad you are back! I put out an APB on you! LOL! Really, I sent an email to the list asking if anyone had heard from you and I sent you several emails that were rejected (or bounced back) - I really was getting worried! So sorry that you've been ill, but I'm glad that you're on the road to recovery!!
hugs,
jackie (hueytown, al)

o

Hurrah! I am so glad you're back and so sorry to hear that you were so ill and on top of moving. Please, take care of yourself and take it slow and easy. Great news that you quit the "vile weed". I quit after 50 yrs. of smoking and it was no fun at all, but know what you mean about the smell. I used to accuse my youngest of exagerating the smell she abhored and how her hair stunk when she left here. I have since apologized at great length. You will feel so much better.

o

Welcome Back and Congrats on the decision to stop smoking.

o

dear Taunia,
that's terrific! Hope you're still kicking that habit in the butt. haha! One of my neighbors just had to go on oxygen. But Yay! she quit smoking. I know it's a struggle, but your body will love you for it! Keep up the good work, okay?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here