Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embossed dryer sheet

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 20, 04 at 13:51

I stamped and embossed an unused dryer sheet and then soaked it to get the softener out. I'm not too impressed. You have to really put the sheet over a piece of card stock to see the image. The image came out great tho. On the photo you can see that one looks ragged that is because the heat gun started to melt the first image. I don't think it is worth it. I'll stick to Mulberry paper I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: embossed dryer sheet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embossed dryer sheet

Thanks so much to experimenting, Minnie! Don't be too discouraged... you would probably be putting the embossed dryer sheet on a piece of card stock (as in a greeting card) when you actually use it anyway, so it would show up then.

Did the image look appreciably better before you washed it? Did any of the embossing 'wash' off? Do you think it is necessary to wash it after embossing?

Frankly, I think they look GREAT! I'll have to get to "The Store" and get some embossing stuff/.

o

I don't think you'd have to wash it after embossing but it would be kind of slippery and have a nice smell to it. No the embossing did'nt wash out I used gold embossing powder and some other color might have been better under the circumstances.

o
RE: Embossed dryer sheet2

It might be neat to stamp ghosts on some and then frame them in a window for a Halloween card. Just remember to watch that heat gun unless you want hanging cobwebs haha

o

I thought you were supposed to use "used" dryer sheets. Once they've been through the dryer they've lost the stiffness of the fabric softener as well as most of the smell.

I have a segment from an old Carol Duvall show... I'll get it out and see.

The idea, as I recall, is to get a lace look on your card stock. The dryer sheet melts in a lacy design and sticks to the paper when you hit it with a heat gun.

Am I thinking of the wrong project?

o

We were experimenting with doing it before it was a "used" sheet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here