|I have tried many different tapes to hold the paper to my work surface when I am making cards or other paper projects. I have usually been dismayed to find part of the paper surface torn up or marred when I removed the tape.
Tonight I tried that blue stretchy stuff that is usually used to temporarily hold posters, etc. to the wall. It is called FunTak, although I am sure there are other brands. I got mine at a large hardware, but I've seen it at other stores.
Here is a picture of it in use. It is the two little blue blobs at the top of the paper, holding the sheet to my cutting mat. I was about to score the paper (using a metal straight-edge and the back side of a small crochet hook) so I could fold the paper into a multi-fold card.
If you have some of this blue stuff around the house, give it a try. I think you will be pleased with it. It did leave a few little gloms of the blue stuff on the paper when I first pulled it off, but I just rubbed them with a finger and they rolled right off.
|I was looking in a drawer just this morning and found some of the tak stuff. Good idea.|
|There is also some special scotch tape that is removable, but hard to find.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.