|I am making a large wooden puzzle for my grand daughter and need to transfer the line drawing to wood for cutting out with a scroll saw.
I have been trying to find carbon paper, but asking for it is like being an alien that just landed from outter space as no one seems to know what it is anymore.
I was told that graphite paper would work, but I have not been able to find it. If this is what I need, where do I find it?
There are 31 pieces to this puzzle and it is being made of PT pine for playing on the deck.
|Graphite paper is used in sewing, dressmaking transfer paper . You can find it at JoAnn Fabrics.com.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Joann Fabric page with Graphite paper
|If you do not have a Joann's, look in the art/scrapbooking dept in Walmart, KMart, or a regular stationary store. If nothing else, take a pointed pen, and take tracing paper, and press hard. You will see a line on the wood which you can go back and highlight with pencil. If you have any dollar stores around you they have tracing paper, and art supplies. Even wax paper will work.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.