|I am making a large wooden puzzle for my grand daughter and need to transfer the line drawing to wood for cutting out with a scroll saw.
I have been trying to find carbon paper, but asking for it is like being an alien that just landed from outter space as no one seems to know what it is anymore.
I was told that graphite paper would work, but I have not been able to find it. If this is what I need, where do I find it?
There are 31 pieces to this puzzle and it is being made of PT pine for playing on the deck.
|Graphite paper is used in sewing, dressmaking transfer paper . You can find it at JoAnn Fabrics.com.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Joann Fabric page with Graphite paper
|If you do not have a Joann's, look in the art/scrapbooking dept in Walmart, KMart, or a regular stationary store. If nothing else, take a pointed pen, and take tracing paper, and press hard. You will see a line on the wood which you can go back and highlight with pencil. If you have any dollar stores around you they have tracing paper, and art supplies. Even wax paper will work.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here