SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
red_confetti

Paper Napkin Becomes a Greeting Card...

Red_Confetti
19 years ago

Here's a very easy card to make. All you need is a pretty or interesting paper napkin... one with a nice picture or design. You cut the design out, plan how it will be placed on the card, decide on the verse, print the card, then glue the napkin picture to the card!

Here's the napkin that got me inspired...

It yelled "Old MacDonald's Farm" to me (something my Mom might still remember and enjoy singing), so that is the card I made. I cut the image essentially along the rooftop/treetop/fenceline as I had decided to print the card on light blue cardstock. That would become the sky. I also cut out some of the little clouds to paste into the sky. I decided just where the image would appear on the card so I'd know where to print the title on the front. Since the image was large and colorful, I decided to use it on the front and continue it right around the card onto the back, too.

Then I printed the card, the verse inside and the title on the front.

Next I glued the big image to the front of the card, added a few clouds, and then cut out a couple animals from the scap napkin and put them inside the card.

The card was kinda warping after I glued on the image, so I put it between two big sheets of wax paper, rolled it with a rollingpin (pastry rollingpin!) to help seal the image, then stuck it under a big pile of heavy books to dry (still inside the wax paper).

When it was dry, I used a metal ruler and stylus to make a good crease for the fold.

Here's the finished front...

And here's the inside of the card...

I'm going to put a couple of the leftover little chicks on the envelope to coordinate it with the card.

So the next time you are at a luncheon or party, don't use your napkin! Tuck it in your purse and make a pretty card for someone special!

Just remember... do your computer printing before you glue the image on the card. You don't want the image coming off in your printer!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz