|This message was sent to me by Barbie:
Stamps that do not stamp clearly by barbieboop
Could be for a few reasons..
Try pressing harder
Large stamps work best if you stand up and press them
Stamp large images over a mouse pad or fun foam sheet
Stamp lg stamps image side up and use a brayer to press the image onto the card.
Some stamps get warped. The foam between the wood and the image gets smooshed. So, you can use a mouse pad to stamp on or remount them. Change the foam.
New stamps and bold images sometimes need to be stamped a few times to get a good image. Allowing the ink to stain the rubber.
Some images need to be lightly roughed up with fine sand paper.
Some images have “edges” that stamp along with the image. Trim this portion off with an exacto knife or with sharp scissors.. If you can. Or.
You may have to pull some images off the wood and trim the “edges” off then remount that image.
Hand carved images stamp best the more times they are used. Or heavily inked.
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here