|This message was sent to me by Barbie:
Stamps that do not stamp clearly by barbieboop
Could be for a few reasons..
Try pressing harder
Large stamps work best if you stand up and press them
Stamp large images over a mouse pad or fun foam sheet
Stamp lg stamps image side up and use a brayer to press the image onto the card.
Some stamps get warped. The foam between the wood and the image gets smooshed. So, you can use a mouse pad to stamp on or remount them. Change the foam.
New stamps and bold images sometimes need to be stamped a few times to get a good image. Allowing the ink to stain the rubber.
Some images need to be lightly roughed up with fine sand paper.
Some images have “edges” that stamp along with the image. Trim this portion off with an exacto knife or with sharp scissors.. If you can. Or.
You may have to pull some images off the wood and trim the “edges” off then remount that image.
Hand carved images stamp best the more times they are used. Or heavily inked.
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.