|Another card for my Mom. I made the kite form, printed it on cardstock, then cut it out. On a separate piece of light blue cardstock I printed the poem inside, along with the silhouette of boy and dog. (I put the poem's title and author on back of card.)
I added a tail with stars and the control string (crewel yarn) to the kite. Using a darning needle, I ran more control line from upper left inside of card down to boy's left hand, then to back of card and out through his right hand.
I glued quilt batting to front and inside to form clouds, placing them to cover the end points of the kite string, then glued down the kite itself.
The grass is just another piece of cardstock, clipped to look like grass.
|These are fantastic. I wish you'd submit them to some card contest or something!!|
|Another great card! I wonder if you could (or even would want to) submit the designs to the various papercraft or crafting magazines? Might be a thought!|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.