Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paper Edges

Posted by grammasc (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 17:05

Does anyone have a tip for giving the edges of paper a burned/singed look? Prefer one that doesn't require extra fire insurance :^)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paper Edges

Take a brown ink pad and hold it in your hand and swipe the edges of the paper. If you want irregular edges on the paper, cut it first and then ink.

o

Either tear the paper first to make an irregular edge. Tearing paper towards you will give a different look from tearing the paper away from you. I prefer towards you and then you can chalk the edges. Also a very useful and inexpensive tool for distressing paper is Heidi Swapps paper distresser which costs only about a dollar.

Inking an edge is also a good way.

o

Heather,

Does JoAnn Fabric carry that distressing tool? I have never seen one before.

Thanks.
Mary

o

I don't know about JoAnn but I think Michaels and Hobby Lobby carry them.
Sue

o

I bought mine at Michaels for $1.00 It's pink and round with a small section with a razor part cut out. Looks like a Pacman.

o

I've looked for the distressing tool at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. What section did you find it in? I looked in scrapbooking, art, paper crafts and craft knives but didn't see it. From past experience I've found it useless to ask for anything in Michaels. The standard answer is that they don't have it, but usually if I keep looking I can find it myself. Then if I'm not in a hurry I take the item back and show it to the person who said they didn't have it. :^)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here