|This board has been a bit slow lately. Maybe it'll speed up a bit if everyone posts and describes a greeting card they've recenly made. Care to join me?
Kids' Birthday Card
Stamp 'Happy Birthday' inside the card
|Okay, I'll play. |
I made this card to show off a rubber stamp that I had made with my friend's new logo, but any occasion-appropriate stamp would work.
Cut a large square for the center that is about 1/2 inch smaller than the base of the card on all sides.
Cut six strips of cardstock in two complimentary colors, so that you will end up with three matted strips. I like to vary the widths - 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch and 1/6 inch (or thereabouts) for the top color and a bit wider for the matte color. You could do this with ribbon too, but I am cheap.
Arrange the stripes under your stamped square, overlapping some.
There is a picture of this on my blog if a visual is easier to follow.
Here is a link that might be useful: stripey card
|That sounds great! Thanks |
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.