Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Describe A Card

Posted by sue102 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 28, 06 at 10:02

This board has been a bit slow lately. Maybe it'll speed up a bit if everyone posts and describes a greeting card they've recenly made. Care to join me?

Kids' Birthday Card

Stamp 'Happy Birthday' inside the card
Cut four monochromatic squares and adhere them to the front of the card. Using birthday stickers, stick a birthday cake, balloon, gift, and any other celebratory sticker on each of the squares. You can add a ribbon at the top or bottom, if you wish.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Describe A Card

Okay, I'll play.

I made this card to show off a rubber stamp that I had made with my friend's new logo, but any occasion-appropriate stamp would work.

Cut a large square for the center that is about 1/2 inch smaller than the base of the card on all sides.

Cut six strips of cardstock in two complimentary colors, so that you will end up with three matted strips. I like to vary the widths - 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch and 1/6 inch (or thereabouts) for the top color and a bit wider for the matte color. You could do this with ribbon too, but I am cheap.

Arrange the stripes under your stamped square, overlapping some.

There is a picture of this on my blog if a visual is easier to follow.

Here is a link that might be useful: stripey card

o
RE: Describe A Card

That sounds great! Thanks
Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here