Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ArtsyCraftsy,are you out there?

Posted by Gramof3 (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 03 at 20:48

Karen, if you are out there lurking, please consider re-entering the forum. I miss you terribly & I'm sure I'm not alone. Your advice & help is much appreciated! I know that you left during Lent, but I'm back to eating fish on Fridays & looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ArtsyCraftsy,are you out there?

Me, too!!
Wondering what creative things you've been up to Karen (and everybody else, too)!
Are you busy with email groups, swaps, zines, what? Did you make it to Artiology?

BTW, I sent you an email, Karen, and wonder if it got there...?

o

Hi Gram & Lia & everyone else...I'm here!
My creative muse has been in a huge slump lately. Been very busy doing some local volunteer stuff (prepping donations for Iraq). Did a series of major landscaping projects and built a retaining wall behind tour house. Then spent a weekend in NYC for our anniversary. Now getting ready for Artiology this weekend, trying to finish 100 swaps & pack my supplies & clothes.
Next week off to Canada for a houseboat trip on Lake Ontario & Rideaux Canal.
Lia, I got your email and sent you a reply...about the AA concert...how was it?

(((big hugs)))
Karen

o

Happy anniversary, Karen!
I didn't get your email, but the AA concert was smashing. Got to meet the band with DS.

Be sure to give us a report on the Artiology weekend. Should revive the muse, huh?

o

The muse was revived, but my body is dead tired!!!!!
This year I took classes that did not really result in finished projects, so I have 4 half-finished ones and one book that is about 80% finished. Took 2 book-making classes, 2 beading (bead embroidery & peyote), and a silver wire-working class. All the teachers were great, especially Keely Barham.
I got so many cool swaps this year! One girl made dice bracelets & earrings with cool playing card dice. Also got some cool stamped dominos, a playing card doll, mini books, paper beads, puzzle piece jewelry, and tag art. My favorite clever idea was a stamped bamboo swap that was the size of a domino. It was a "tile" from a bamboo tile placemat that you can get at a Pier One-type home store. Anthropologie? Artifact? I can't remember. But anyway it is already pre-drilled with 2 holes when you take the placemat apart....a beautiful shape perfect for stamping on!
The organizers were so generous with our registration goodie bags. We got a wooden game, a tote bag with a pocket made with custom artiology patterned fabric, a playing card box necklace with fancy cards representing each class we took, and a bag of assorted game pieces and ephemera as well as some nice supply catalogs & raffle tickets for awesome prize baskets.
I will be scanning & posting projects as soon as they are finished, which won't be this week since we are leaving for Canada.

(Glad you had such a great time at AA & got to meet them. Now every time I hear "Pierced" I think of you!)

Karen

o

For anyone that thinks way in advance: The Great American Stamp convention is in Hauppague, Long Island this year on 1 Nov 03. I'd love the chance to meet some of you. I'll send more info next week, as I get it. It was a great show last year & promises to be even better this year. (and only 45 min. away from NYC for anyone interested) Karen, so glad to hear from you & that all is well. Sounds like you're back to your "artsy" helpful self!

o

Yeah........but Karen.......what have you been doing in your spare time. I think you need some more projects.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here