|I posted this idea at the Computer Crafts forum, but it is equally useful for paper crafters...
You know those magnets... you get them at your doctor's office, the vet's office, the insurance agent's office, home shows, etc. They are usually business card size, but sometimes much larger.
If they have a "plasticky" front, it will easily peel off, leaving a layer of stickum. You can use the whole magnet with some of your own computer-generated art (business card, little motto cards, etc.) or cut into strips for smaller stuff. Peel one edge loose before cutting into strips... makes it easier to get the plastic off.
If the front is paper instead of that plastic, it will still peel off, but you'll have to soak/scrape off the paper residue, then use some glue to attach your creation.
Now I know you can just go to the office supply/craft store and buy magnetic sheets and strips, but free is better, especially if you don't have to make a special trip to the store. And often you don't need a whole package of the stuff, just a little bit.
|good idea, I have three or four on my fridge right now.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.