Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greeting Card Boxes

Posted by lorraine303 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 03 at 18:13

I put pictures in the gallery of greeting card boxes that I made for Easter this year using instructions from Carol Duvall's episode CDS 1358. They were fun to make and not too time-consuming. I needle-tatted the flowers for the inside (from another episode) and used stickers for the lettering. I used paint chip samples from HD for the tags. The only thing that I was dissappointed with was the MIL and SIL's reactions. I love doing these things with paper, I just wish I had someone to give them to who would appreciate them!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greeting Card Boxes

Those are so sweet. I think it was today that a viewer on CD wrote that her Grandfather (I think it was) makes those little boxes and leaves them on the table for servers with his tip inside.
How big are your boxes?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lorraine's little boxes

o

Well those are just darling. I am fortunate that my friends all appreciate my "efforts". It is disheartening when some don't know all the love and effort that goes into a little project, but don't give up, just find other recipients for your great "gifts" who will appreciate them.

o

Glad you liked them. Minnie, they are about 2 1/2 inches tall (not including the beads for feet) and just about 4" square. I think those other ones are a little smaller so you could carry them in a pocket easier - I think I'll try those too. Thanks for the idea!

o

You can give one to me, Lorraine; I would appreciate it! *big grin*
I appreciate the work and love that go into them, and I think they are just too cute!! Love the little tootsies on 'em! :-)

If I weren't so darned swap impaired I'd suggest we do a trade. The purse swap we did in the past was so fun!

o

You did a fab job on them!! I'm with Lia; I'll take one! Don't let that stop you, you're good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here