Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 16:03
|I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made from paper ivy leaves over a grapevine base. They were quite cheap and I should have suspected something was wrong , although they do look very nice. |
There is a "musty" smell coming from them like and old attic...I have tried leaving them out in the fresh air, soaking in vinegar water ( some of the leaves appeared bleached out ) and Febreze......Any other suggestions?
I would like to use them but the odor is so funky!
|I know this is late, I would use dryer sheets and put the wreath in a big trash bag with the dryer sheet and let sit for about 1 week, closed up.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here