Thu, Apr 17, 03 at 15:26
|The office in which I work is closing, but before we are kicked out on our butts, we can take any office supplies we have use for. Well, there is a box of transparencies that I know will get thrown away if I don't take them, but I'm not sure what I can use them for. Can anyone give me any suggestions. Thanks!|
|Grab them and worry about it later!! |
I got all sorts of stuff almost 20 years ago when an office closed. I have some red ones that I use for windows on cards. I would think someone has some good ideas for you.
This is a great chance to get a lot of good stuff. Don't forget the heavy duty staplers too haha.
|You can stamp on them if you use a permanent ink like Brilliance, Staz-On, or some others I can't think of right now. |
Look through the posts here in this forum. I posted something about the "caught-in-crystal"
technique where you apply tissue paper and inks and glitter with Future floor finish. You can use that for a luminary or just a card or wall art.
You can also use the transparencies for making stencils if they're not too thick.
Oh, and you can always sell some on eBay! :-)
|I use transparencies to make ornaments. I made a template of circles, then I print photos or graphics/words, etc. to fit inside the circle. Cut them out, roll up and slip into a clear ornament & they open. I tie them with clear fishing line so they "float" inside the ball. I've made baptism ones for the babies at church, for confirmation, etc. along with Christmas, etc. |
|I was just looking at a site someone posted a while back and there are a couple of neat things with Acetate and maybe |
Bring up the site and then look at the TOM (Technique of the month)
Here is a link that might be useful: Stamping Forum
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.