Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Some Spring Ideas (Inspiration)?

Posted by Red_Confetti (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 05 at 13:31

Here's a site that has instructions on making lots of paper crafts... cards, scrapbook pages, boxes, etc. Of course they want you to (buy and) use oodles of their special products, but you crafty folks will know how to improvise!

Here is a link that might be useful: Provo Craft Ideas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Some Spring Ideas (Inspiration)?

Nice site. A lot of good stuff to look thru.
I'm in the process of getting rid of most of my craft and quilting books, magazines, supplies. I did a reality check and know I'm not going to do most of them anymore and no one in my family is interested. I sent my Sizzix machine and the die cut I had plus loads of Stampers Scrapbook magazines and assorted stamps and items to my DIL's girlfriend who moved to Alaska.

I have loads more to get rid of at the next yard sale.

If you need anything let me know if I have it, or two or three of them lol.

I'm saving a few of my favorite stamps and papers and some things that I might just do again but most of it is going out .
I can't resist the craft and quilting forums though.
Can you believe I have a Xyron machine that has only been out of the box once to look at it.

o

Boy, I sure know the angst you are experiencing, Minnie! A couple months ago I looked at all my supplies and finally admitted to myself that I'd never be able to use it all, so I divied it up and sent a big box of it to a much younger cousin, along with a copy of my favorite 'how to make hand-crafted greeting cards' books. She was delighted!! And she is definitely using the materials I sent her... she's even sent me a few of the cards she's made.

But I can't help myself... I keep buying more crafting materials and books - LOL!!

o

I too enjoy looking at the craft forums and also have a lot of stamps that I should be using!! I was thinking the same thing...that I should get rid of some of them but I still buy more, although I have cut way back and when I do buy a stamp I try to get one I can use several different ways. I am always checking out this forum and liked the previous site about the boxes, envelopes, etc. I am also into making baskets so I have those materials "stacked" up too. At least I don't get bored! :)
Mary

o

Mary,I made one basket in a class and never again. You have to have nerves of steel to make them Congratulations on your efforts.

o

Minnie,
I took a class for a small basket and all the rest I have made at home where I can take my time and not feel rushed. And yes, sometimes it can be nerve-wracking, especially when you need four hands! LOL!

o

First the disclaimer... I haven't made a basket since I was about 10 years old (found the instructions in the Book of Knowledge!). Anyway, I remember my Mom and her friends re-caning many chairs and they used the wooden spring clothes pins as a "second pair of hands" to hold the cane. Maybe they would work for you, too, Mary.

o

The clothes pins work very well and I also have some small clamps but sometimes when I am doing a fancy handle that needs to be kept tight as I'm weaving....that's when the nerves get stretched! :) Red, you spoke of your favorite book, "How to make hand crafted greeting cards". Did you by chance get it at Joann Fabric? It seems I've seen the title before. I have several books but not that one.

o

Actually I was using the phrase "how to make hand-crafted greeting cards" generically... the book I sent her is Handmade Greeting Cards by Maureen Crawford. I like that particular book because it does not promote any brand of decorative scissors, papers, diecuts, etc. - it shows and explains how to make a good variety of cards primarily using various paper techniques- tearing, folding, collage, layering, weaving, etc. And most of them are still thin enough to mail in a regular envelope... not those with three dimensional dodads on them that have to be mailed in a box or padded envelope! (Can you tell I'm a pennypincher - LOL!)

I'd hate to tell you how many "how to make card" books I have, but that is one of my top three favorites.

o

Thanks for the book title, I am always looking for new ideas for cards. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here