|I have some ink pads, pigment and dye based, which are considerably new... used only one or two times. The problem is that I haven't used them for a while, and now they are "dry"!! Does anyone know of any way to rehydrate them? I know that there is a product on the market that is called a stamp refresher, but, I do not wish to spend any more for this. There must be a product, or something that can be made at home that can be used to solve this problem. Any advice?|
|Why not try to just use some water and see if that will help. One pad wouldn't be too bad to experiment on. Or maybe some kind of paint extender from the craft paint dept. I know they sell a bottle to use on the pallette when you dont want the full strength of the paint on a project or to keep the paint moist for a while (one of the two!!) |
I should check my own pad drawer and see how they are doing. Someone said to store them upside down. I know all my gel pens dried out.
|Store them upside down. This keeps the ink in the top of the pad, instead of settling to the bottom. They may only need turned upside down for a day to solve your problem without buying the re-inkers to refresh them. |
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here