Mon, Mar 10, 03 at 18:51
|Can anyone suggest as to what to spray on vellum paper to dry the ink? It has been wet as of about 3 hours now. Hair spray just curled the paper. Any help as soon as possible would be great. Thanks in advance
|Connie, what kind of ink? Did you use your printer or use a stamping ink? If you used pigment ink, it will take forever to dry. And even then I wouldn't trust it to be totally smear-proof. You can emboss, but you have to be careful with the heat. |
I think with both printer and pigment stamping ink, I've had to allow for drying overnight. Some vellum papers may be a bit different, though, I suppose... And maybe a little heat or dry air would help speed things along.
Let us know how you work it out!
|I wonder if the cold or cool setting on a hair dryer might help.|
|Just not sure, as we said she sprayed with hair spray and it just curled up. I wonder if Matte spray or some kind of fixative spray would work. I will tell her tomorrow and see what she can do to save them. I will post back as soon as we find the answer. |
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.