Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drying ink on vellum???

Posted by connie_tx (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 03 at 18:51

Can anyone suggest as to what to spray on vellum paper to dry the ink? It has been wet as of about 3 hours now. Hair spray just curled the paper. Any help as soon as possible would be great. Thanks in advance

Connie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drying ink on vellum???

Connie, what kind of ink? Did you use your printer or use a stamping ink? If you used pigment ink, it will take forever to dry. And even then I wouldn't trust it to be totally smear-proof. You can emboss, but you have to be careful with the heat.
I think with both printer and pigment stamping ink, I've had to allow for drying overnight. Some vellum papers may be a bit different, though, I suppose... And maybe a little heat or dry air would help speed things along.

Let us know how you work it out!

o

I wonder if the cold or cool setting on a hair dryer might help.

o

Just not sure, as we said she sprayed with hair spray and it just curled up. I wonder if Matte spray or some kind of fixative spray would work. I will tell her tomorrow and see what she can do to save them. I will post back as soon as we find the answer.

Thanks again

Connie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here