Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Labels for CD-R Question

Posted by Cricketm (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 03 at 15:13

Does anyone have any instructions on making Labels for
CD-R Holders.

I would appreciate any instructions you have to help me.

I have Microsoft Works 2002 -- Picture It Photo -- but it did not help me make the size I want for my holders.

Thank in anticipation to a reply.

Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Labels for CD-R Question

I have CD Stomper. I haven't made many labels anyway. but why don't you try over at the Computer Forum or the Computer Crafts Forum. Just scroll back up to Other Forums. I'm sure someone can help if no one here has the answer.

o

Cricket...by "CDR holders" I'm assuming (?)you mean the jewel cases? Try looking into your burner software...most have an option to create the jewel case inserts....
Tiger

o

Thanks Minnie and Tiger -- I will definitely use your suggestions.

o

Cricketm, I use PictureIt 2000 and it has templates for the Cd cases. I have never used those templates. I simply measure the size that I need for the case and then in PictureIt I go to file, new and click on custom and make the page the size that I need. I design it the way I want and then print out the exact size.

My son uses CD Labeler II software for his CD labels. It also will make Case inserts.

o

I also just measure the size of the jewel case and design my own using Picture It. I usually don't put a label right on the cd, especially if you are going to use it in a car cd player. It can throw them off balance, causing a jam, or actually shattering the cd. If you do label the cd, one of those "cd stomper" things will help you get the label on evenly. IMPORTANT: Never try to remove a label after it has touched the disc. The adhesive can remove the top layer of lacquer on the disc, and probably the reflective layer beneath it as well, which will ruin your disc.

o

Good information CreativMom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here