Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Corrugated plastic sheet?

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 14:05

What is this called? I'm not sure of the name or where to buy it. There is a type of plastic that has a corrugated inside like corrugated cardboard, and 2 smooth surfaces on the outside. Ikea uses it in some of their furniture, like to make translucent "windows" in a cabinet. Iíve also seen it used to make semi-rigid file boxes. It's very rigid and lightweight. Like foam core but all plastic, no foam inside. It can be scored and folded easily. Does anyone know what this stuff is, or where to buy it?

Iím not sure where to post this, so Iím trying several places in hopes someone has used it.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Corrugated plastic sheet?

I think I know what you're talking about. I think the technical term is just corrugated plastic.

"Coroplast" is the brand name, but from the looks of their website, they sell it by the pallet (yikes!).

I know that Uline sells corrugated plastic as one of their packing materials - minimum purchase of 10 bundles of 10 sheets. Less than a pallet, but still - yikes!

I don't know if you could find smaller quantities somewhere else. Sign shops use this stuff. You may be able to cut a deal with one of them to just sell you the amount you need.

Hope that helps. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion for finding crafter-friendly quantities.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

RE: Corrugated plastic sheet?

StratoCore is the brand I use to see around. I use to see it in well stocked art supply stores, hobby stores or craft stores.
I would try a sign company, a graphic arts supplier or a graphic design company who makes signs and see if you can buy what you need. We also have one or two plastic stores around here that sell plexiglass sheets, lexan and other unusual plastic items. You might find that in the yellow pages.

RE: Corrugated plastic sheet?

I own a new company that makes Plastic Corrugated Sheet. We are American owned and operated. We make the corrugated sheet in just about any color and in thicknesses from 2mm to 14mm. We can make any size up to 5' X 12'.
We will ship 1 sheet up to 10,000 sheets.
If we can help please give us a call. I guarantee we can save you money since you will be going straight from the manufacturer to the end user. We would very much appreciate your business.
Thanks so much,
Jim Nickerson

RE: Corrugated plastic sheet?

Yes , the stuff I get at my local Art Supply Store is called " STRATOCORE " . It comes in 4 mm , 8 mm and 10 mm
thicknesses. I have seen translucent white and solid white .
I believe it is also made in assorted colors . Comes with'both rectangukar " tubes " or " S " shaped ones , as in normal corrugated cardboard .

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here