SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chery2

you won't believe how simple -- and gorgeous!

chery2
18 years ago

I've kept all my MARTHA STEWART LIVING magazines and couldn't believe I missed this idea from a couple of years ago. Sorry I don't have a picture; you'll have to trust me. DD and I were so delighted with the results, we're going to hang them for other DD and 3-yr-old's Diamond-Girls' birthday party:

MATERIALS:

6 PAPER BAGS [lunch bags b/c they have to be "gusseted"]

string

double sided tape

hole-puncher

HOW-TO:

Fold bottom of bag onto itself and cut off.

Punch a hole 1/4" from bottom in middle.

Cut bag into petal shape. [I folded bag length-wise and cut starting about 4" from bottom , ending at top of fold. Martha didn't give measurements, maybe b/c you can use any size bag. I've even taken to making my own bags; the gusseting isn't easy -- for me, anyway.]

**PROBLEM: Bag must be same color inside and out to get the right effect. I'm going to the Card Factory Outlet today and look for bags or at least scrapbook pages double-sided. So far, I've been painting [spray] brown bags. The gold and silver metallic are stunning.

NEXT STEP: Put a [peeled] strip of double-sided tape about 2" long on left and right side of bag as you face it. [Again, no measurements given, but I'd say 1/2" from sides, starting maybe 2" from bottom.]

Repeat steps with remaining 5 bags, putting one bag on top of another.

Put string through all 6 holes; knot loosely to keep string outside first bag.

Now, pull the first and last bags AROUND to meet. Glue or tape them together. Secure string. Hang.

My girls say, "Even the brown ones are pretty!"

Good luck!

chery2

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia