Sat, Mar 24, 07 at 8:35
|Hi I am new here I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would like to make paper with seeds in it, but I would like it to be Royal Blue. I have tried a few things but the paper turns out light blue - does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you
|Hi, thought since no one has answered your post I would try, have you tried acrylic paints, dark blue and add black till its pretty dark since it will dry lighter, maybe food coloring, cant find my box to see what colors to mix, rit frabic dye , or maybe paint the paper while still wet with water colors if the paper is still wet the color should blend, Iam only guessing you might have already tried these, you might post on the craft form I am sure you would get some ideas there. |
|Thank you for sharing:)|
Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Art
|The simplest way to get that color is to start with that color paper, that is if you're recycling paper. I second the Rit dye...you can just mix the liquid into the pulp. Don't try adding paint because it could compromise the strength of the paper. You will need to dry the paper pretty quickly or the seeds start sprouting...not what you want, I would guess. I've been making paper for quite a while and have already made all the mistakes! ;-) |
Best of luck!
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.