|Hi I am new here I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would like to make paper with seeds in it, but I would like it to be Royal Blue. I have tried a few things but the paper turns out light blue - does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you
|Hi, thought since no one has answered your post I would try, have you tried acrylic paints, dark blue and add black till its pretty dark since it will dry lighter, maybe food coloring, cant find my box to see what colors to mix, rit frabic dye , or maybe paint the paper while still wet with water colors if the paper is still wet the color should blend, Iam only guessing you might have already tried these, you might post on the craft form I am sure you would get some ideas there. |
|Thank you for sharing:)|
Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Art
|The simplest way to get that color is to start with that color paper, that is if you're recycling paper. I second the Rit dye...you can just mix the liquid into the pulp. Don't try adding paint because it could compromise the strength of the paper. You will need to dry the paper pretty quickly or the seeds start sprouting...not what you want, I would guess. I've been making paper for quite a while and have already made all the mistakes! ;-) |
Best of luck!
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here