Here are a few ideas to try... try them all and see what you like best..
I do different ones for different looks:
Ink a sponge and....
1- "dab- off" some ink. then "dab" the sponge onto your card or image.
2- starting from the outer edge of the image... dab dab dab all the way
in toward the middle of the image... get more ink and start again from
another side... and another and another... this looks really neat...
because you will have real dark outer edges and it will get lighter
towards the middle of the image.
3- pull the sponge from the sides in toward the center of the card or
image. this looks neat! -you can make cool grass and skies if you use
green for grass and pull the ink across the card from the bottom of the
card toward the middle. then, the sky... with blue ink... pull from the
top of the card down toward the middle.
4- another thing you can do is make cook back grounds by "swirling" the
sponge in a circular motion. you ink it up... lay it on the card.. then
turn it to the left like you are turning a knob... then turn it to the
right. neat look!
5- blending colors together is so easy with sponges. you can pull the
colors over one another or just dab them over each other!
6- you can use the sponges as they are or cut them into different sizes
and or shapes for different effects!
7- try using different types of sponges. they all look different. you
will find the ones that you like best.. the others... they can be sent to
someone else or... just use them to clean your bath wtih! lol....
8-sponges are great to color images in with! you can dab a brown bear!
you can dab color in the clothing... just make sure if you want to
dab-color one part of a stamped image at a time you mask the other part
of the image!
9- you can sponge boarders! Dab or pull the ink on!
10- you can sponge a whole scene or just around an image to highlight it!
Compiled by Barbie Boop.
|I love Barbie Boops things but where is Barbie Boop??|
|Minnie, email me direct. I will explain.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here