Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wax paper ideas

Posted by taunia1 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 10, 03 at 21:58

Ideas to use wax paper
1-Crumple wax paper- open and lay on gloss CS
lay scrap paper over it.- Iron it
then water color over the cs for a neat resist!

2- lay wax paper onto gloss
using your stylus or bone folder write a message onto the wax paper
send it to someone as a secret message card!
they can do a wc wash and see what the message says!
( i think this would be really cool for a kids bday card! and have a
hidden secret message inside the card!)

3- lay wax paper onto gloss
lay a cookie cutter or template on top and trace around the image wtih a
stylus or bone folder.
wc wash over it....

do you know of any other ways to use wax paper and cards? lets share!
Compiled by Barbie Boop

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wax paper ideas

When I ws a kid we made our own cards by ironing pressed flowers between 2 sheets of waxed paper. We used these sheets as tranparent sheets over paper we had watercolored. The way we use vellum as an overlay sheet. Our yard had lots of clover and I spent hours looking for the four leaf ones....found plenty too. I used those and violets but now I would also use confetti, leaves or punched shapes.

o
RE: Wax paper ideas

Oh, Meggiecat...I had heard of flowers pressed between the sheets of waxed paper...but had never thought of adding confetti and/or punch shapes! Wonderful idea!!
I have a book that shows using the waxed paper (with flowers pressed between them) then using some of the box/bag templates to create boxes/bags of the flower paper!
Tiger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here