Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'The Slab'

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 9, 03 at 18:58

Today I used my 40% off Michael's coupon to purchase "The Slab" It is a package of 180 12X12 size sheets of assorted papers. It says it's from the Provo Color Wheel Paper collection and it is in the Zizzix area. There are 3 sheets of 60 patterns and colors. I was going to buy 2 or 3 sheeets of some kind of pastels for Easter cards when I spied this. With the coupon it was 12.00 I think that makes it about 4¢ a sheet .
Last week Michael's had 12X12 on sale 3 for 1.00.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'The Slab'

Great deal!

o

Wait a minute!!
When I opened the pack of these beautiful papers I could hardly stand the odor. Very dense metallic smell. I tried to put some fabric softener sheets inbetween them but after a couple of hours it still smells bad. I'm going to try and return the pack tomorrow. Maybe it was just a one pack smell problem and I'll see if the others smell also.
I bought a small pack of gold tissue once to use as backgrounds and I couldn't use it either because of the smell. Maybe it is because of 180 sheets being compacted in a blister wrap.

o

I took it back today!!
My whole craft room smelled because of it and the clerks at Michael's agreed with me on it. I went back and sniffed several packages that had torn corners and they all smelled alike.
I'm going to email Provo and tell them about it.

o

It could be the packs were wrapped before the ink fully dried. Petroleum based ink will have a gas-like smell and soy ink has a oily-alcohol smell. If they sit on a covered porch or in the garage for 2-3 days (depending on the humidity) it should clear up.

o

Will be interesting to see what the company says.....keep us informed.

o

I'd like to think that Karen but that tissue Paper I mentioned never did "air " out. And such beautiful papers too. Take a look next time you go to Michael's and if a corner of the pack is loose or torn take a sniff. Maybe it was just that shipment.

o

I did get a reply to my email here it is:

"I am sorry about this. I will forward this message to the paper buyer. If
you need anything else let me know. Agian I am sorry for the
inconvenience.

Maryann
Provo Craft"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here