|I found out that the family (re: previous post) is going to make this keepsake box for the little girl for years to come so she can have momentos to read when she's older. The following are 2 poems; one of which I have written, the other is from "unknown" which one do you think would be appropriate?
I know we couldn't say good-bye;
I'm still here; you can talk to me.
|I like yours best, especially for a little 8 year old. |
I think a stanza with something like this might be helpful too:
I know you'd like to be with me
So do your best and happy be,
I know when My GD lost her Daddy (my DS) at 8, she thought a lot about dying too.
|I think your is definitly the better for a little girl. The sentiments are really helpful and lovely. Congratulations on a job well done.|
|taunia, I completely agree with gramcraft. You did a beautiful job and it will help her remember.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here