Mon, Feb 17, 03 at 16:35
|Tried the water - didn't work. In fact, the gold sparkle washed off the paper and left it a mustardy color. The other funny thing was that the paper shrunk in one direction. I had the pieces cut in squares and the points met when I folded it wet, but when it dried, it became a rectangle. Go figure. I guess I won't be making a gold star after all!|
|my only suggestion would be to try scoring the lines first to break the grain of the paper fibers. Use a light touch with something like a fine stylus or a heavy tapestry needle. Listen for a scritching sound and make a thin light line on the vellum but don't press so hard that you break through the paper.|
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here